Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Year of Projects 2: Update 17
Oh well, I do know its not the end of the world and since I'm getting it taken care of now - all is well in blog world.
I think next week I'll go through each item and make sure my numbers are still very accurate. I have been adding items as I add them below but not recounting everything. Next update warrants a recount just to ensure I haven't missed anything.
Good news is that if my numbers are right, I increased 1 percent in total project percentage complete. This is because I have finished the crochet wrap I was making for my youngest, Squirt. It ended up way too big for her AND for my oldest, Rabbit. I figured I'd take it on as my own, even though the colors aren't exactly my personal pallet of choice; however, when I put it on, it was surprisingly stiff. When I was working on it, it seemed pretty fluid. When I put it on, it immediately showed me its impersonation of a 2 by 4. So right now, its resting in the washer getting ready for a nice warm trip through the dryer.
In other news, I did add one item to the added items list - a shawl: Pimpelliese. I posted a bit more about that in my WIP Wednesday post from earlier today.
All in all, progress is being made on the list even though I have added a few more items than I should have - but who can resist!
The man is still practicing with his camera and when we woke up to a thick fog, he was off and running trying to get some decent shots.
I thought this one turned out nice although I know once he really gets a hang of adjusting for the various types of lighting, he'll be able to take some absolutely stunning photos of the fog.
Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL
- 9 crochet knockers for donation
- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- Knit Wingspan Shawl
- 1 pair spat warmers
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)
Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
- 1 crochet knockers for donation
- Wrap (ended poorly - was supposed to be for Squirt but... didn't work out)
Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me)
- Headband to Match Garter Slip Scarf (for me)
- Pimpelliese (for me)
- Striped Granny Bag
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf
- Blue or Purple Cowl (for a friend; after the holidays)
Added Items (done)
- Magic Square Potholder
- Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
- 50 Ruffle Scarves
- Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)
- Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
- House Slippers (Christmas Present)
- Warm Hat with Bill (Christmas Present)
- Stocking Cap (Christmas present)
- 3 icord knit snakes
- My Garter Slipped Scarf (for me)
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.
Labels: My Projects