Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Year of Projects 2: Update 16
So this last week left me with finishing my scarf, which is pictured to the right. It has all the qualities of a great scarf: its warm, its long, and its squishy - and to top it all off - its made by me.
I really like the scarf a lot but decided that it wasn't very cool to not have a matching set of *something* - right now I have a green hat with a multi-colored strip, the pink/grey scarf pictured here, and black gloves covered with a brown crochet mit to doll them up a bit. Oh, did I mention I'm wearing a black and white coat? Nothing matches - I'm like a patchwork doll walking into work. So I spent an hour or two looking at hat patterns and mitten patterns before I just decided to cast on the same exact pattern just with fewer ribs - I'm going to knit it and seam it - making it into a headband. I really think its going to look fabulous coupled with the scarf.
No more rag doll for me.. well, aside from the gloves and coat. *chuckles*
I also got started on the poncho for my daughter - the thing is: I swapped out a poncho pattern for a wrap that I found on Ravelry. The main reason I changed it was pretty much that I had started a basic poncho but I really didn't like the way the pattern was working with the color of the yarn. I just felt something more closed with a little flair on the edge would be nice and I stumbled on the Magic Shrug by Coats and Clark. I think it's going to work up nicely. If I remember to do a WIP Wednesday post, then I'll put a picture up of my current progress.
i-cord snakes knit from scraps of yarn. The pattern was posted on These Little Wagons blog by Kristie.
The blog said it would only take a couple grams of yarn and they were NOT kidding. These were a REALLY fast knit, and I can say that I have never said that before about anything! I ended up making 3. I played with the eyes a little bit and honestly, ended up like just drawing them on with a permanent marker.
The kids like them and I'm pretty sure I'll make some more. I'd probably do them with sock yarn in order to get a thinner tail, but they work ok as is. Thumbs up to that pattern :)
This week coming I'm going to keep working on the wrap for my daughter and the headband to match my scarf. I have also got a hair brained idea for another afghan and I know I need to work more on the Navajo. Hopefully when I do my next update, preferably on Sunday, I'll have some more progress to share and we'll keep seeing my percentages going up.
Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL
- 9 crochet knockers for donation
- Wrap (gift for the fall/spring for DD2)
- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- Knit Wingspan Shawl
- 1 pair spat warmers
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)
Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
- 1 crochet knockers for donation
Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me)
- Headband to Match Garter Slip Scarf (for me)
- Striped Granny Bag (Birthday present for Rabbit)
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf
- Blue or Purple Cowl (order from a friend; after the holidays)
Added Items (done)
- Magic Square Potholder
- Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
- 50 Ruffle Scarves
- Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)
- Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
- House Slippers (Christmas Present)
- Warm Hat with Bill (Christmas Present)
- Stocking Cap (Christmas present)
- 3 icord knit snakes
- My Garter Slipped Scarf (for me)
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.
Labels: My Projects