Monday, December 31, 2012

Yarn Resolutions for 2013

Several blogs I read are putting up "Year in Review" posts - sharing projects from the last 365. I think my biggest finish was the Beast-Ghan. It took first place in the State Fair and was quite an accomplishment due to the general size of the ... well.... beast.

I am not sure I'm ready to go digging through the remainder of my posts to try and figure out what is good to share again.

So what can I do... I can make resolutions!

I have never set resolutions before - not even for my regular life. I have lost weight (and gained weight) all without the help of some spoken promise on January 1. But this year, I am going to make some resolutions for my yarn life.

*takes a deep breath*



Look at this queue....


Rup... that's my Ravelry queue... a queue of things I would like to make or liked the idea of and wanted to work up in my own style... a queue of things forgotten or things already made.

My resolution for this year is to get my queue under 150 items. I remember when it was small - I would flip through it and enjoy looking at the patterns - try to match up my stash yarn with a pattern....

I am sure I'll still be adding to it as the year goes on, but I definitely want to knock items off of it too. But I'm at 285 items in my queue.... 150 is the goal... 150 items that I have not made but really want to. Can it be done?

Hmmmm - maybe we should take this up a notch. Maybe I should not only work on getting my Rav queue under 150 items by either removing items, making items, etc - I will use my stash yarn to do it! Granted, I know I'll have to buy some yarn for some of the items, that goes without saying - BUT if possible, I'm going to attempt to knock my stash down along with the queue - preferrably one feeding into the other where possible.

In the words of Emeril - BAM!

A'right... so let's kick it up one more notch -

I blogged a LOT more in 2011 than I did in 2012... almost 100 more posts. I am resolving to blog more. I know I will continue with my YOP posts. I need to finish digging through the box I was going through for my "Remembering Grandma" series.... that's right, that box is still sitting there.... I want to add MANY more tutorials - perhaps working my way through various stitch dictionaries. I want to put up more patterns (mostly free, but perhaps a few patterns for money too).

BAM!

Oh yeah! Imagine me making the best casserole ever and throwing some extra WOW on top with a side of OM-GOOSES!



Thanks, Crochet Concupiscence - I had a laugh when I saw this one!

How about you? Do you have any yarny related resolutions? Care to take the dare of knocking your queue down too? How about that stash? Let's hear it in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment