Sunday, December 16, 2012

Year of Projects 2: Update 13

Project Percentage Complete: 48%
Overall Percentage Complete: 87%

Number of Project Items: 98
Number of Added Items: 60
Total Items: 158

Total Completed Project Items: 47
Total Completed Items: 52

First and foremost, I changed the title from Week 13 to Update 13 since it has been such a long time since I was on track with this meme. I truly am hoping to get back on track though - so hopefully for most Sundays from now until June 1, you will see an update from me.

The biggest change was the number of added items. A friend of mine does craft shows and asked for several ruffle scarves. I made so many of them, I thought 50 was a good safe (probably underestimated) number of the total ruffle scarves I have made for her. Insane - right!

I have been working on the Navajo blanket - relentlessly. It feels that no matter how many hours I put into this blanket, it isn't growing. Unfortunately, I'm at the "middle of the project" blues. You know the place - the place where you have lost the excitement of getting started and aren't quite to the rush of excitement knowing it will be done soon. For this blanket, unfortunately, that middle of the road blues is lasting for days and days - I probably have another2 or 3 feet to add to the blanket before I get my adrenaline rush to push to the end. I was hoping to have it done for Christmas - but I know it won't. So I have moved on to smaller projects knowing it is best to finish those rather than putting all my time into a project that won't be done and causing me to miss out on making 3 or 4 other presents. I will just have to work on it as best I can and hopefully have it done by his birthday.

Heck - if I can't get it done by his birthday, I'll just use it as one of my State Fair entries. *laughs*

My percentage of project list items, the original list, went up by 1 percent. I did remove out the swiffer covers simply because I found out my mother and sister-in-law do not use swiffers. It would be kinda blah to make them the covers and then they have to go out and buy one. I could, technically, buy one for them but I didn't want it to be taken as some underlying hint about their housekeeping skills - which would be completely incorrect because they do fine. I just didn't want that perception to be there even if the reality of the idea doesn't exist. (Does that make sense? *laughs*)

Ok - I'm about ready to go finish up another of my projects - which I may make a video of!!! *dun dun dun* ... or at least post it here. It's another clock - a pattern I really do want to write up and share.

But since I can't really show photos of the big Christmas presents until after the holiday, I leave you with another random photo.

This is my dog, Andrew (which I show quite frequently here). The Man has been working on trying to figure his camera out and all the settings - and this was just one of those hap-hazard type photos he took with the grey scale setting. Usually my dog is asleep - so it was nice to see him with his big sad brown eyes actually open for once.



Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL  
- 9 crochet knockers for donation 

- Shawl (gift for the fall/spring for DD2)

- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- Knit Wingspan Shawl
- 1 pair spat warmers
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)


Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
- 1 crochet knockers for donation 

Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me) 
- Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
- House Slippers (Christmas Present) 
- Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)

- Striped Granny Bag (Birthday present for Rabbit)
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf 
- Blue or Purple Cowl (order from a friend; after the holidays)

Added Items (done)
- Magic Square Potholder
- Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
- 50 Ruffle Scarves

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.



10 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

I bet the Navajo blanket will be amazing when you're done. Those mid-project blues are often unavoidable but so worth the end product!

Cris said...

Very true - but UGH hehe why does it have to be so big! (nevermind the fact I increased the size of it with intention to make it 7 foot tall LOL)

kate said...

It will be worth it when it's done! Wow on the 50 scarves, that's amazing.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

50 scarves ... I don't think I could manage to repeat anything that many times. But I guess others wonder why I never bore with socks ?!


Some wise commenter told me once that the middle third of any blanket is always interminable. I suppose that's why I do so few :)

sandy said...

Sure would love to see the Navajo Blanket. Picture next week, pretty please. http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2012/12/buckeye-blitz-completed.html

Cris said...

I love to do blankets, I really do... excluding the middle 50% *laughs* And yea... there is DEFINITELY a loss of excitement after you do a couple repeats at the beginning..... or the first 20 squares - but when the time comes ... that last 3 hours - the blanket FLIES off my hooks!

Cris said...

If I tell him about it, I will definitely post a picture - finished or not :)

mary williams said...

I Love Andrew..I am a crazy animal lover and get thrilled when members post pics...tell the man that is a great pic...

I understand completely what you are expressing about giving someone a gift that is related to housekeeping..might make them wonder..plus I always tell my husband that housecleaning items should not be gifts...means more work!

Yes, Project pics please..even tho I like animal pics just as much..I'm dying to see the Navajo!

Cris said...

Once I figure the camera out too, I'll be posting more pictures myself *laughs*

Ruth said...

50 scarves ! wow that is some going. Post some project pictures of your blanket and we can encourage you through those blues, hopefully they pass quickly but I think its good to move onto smaller more finishable items, might then be the spur on you need. Love the pic of Andrew, very cute.

Post a Comment