Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Crafting for Christmas

Squirt modeling the billed cap made on Christmas Eve
I think many fiber artists pick up yarn and hook/needle to create for the holidays. I'm not sure if your family is like mine or not - but homemade gifts are expected.

In light of both of those statements, I have no idea how many pick up their yarn on Christmas Eve ... I do.



To the right is a hat I created on Christmas Eve for my future step-sister. I don't know what pattern I used but I know I got it off Ravelry.

I was sitting around, after finishing some baking and feeling the urge to hook. I grabbed my laptop and went in search of something quick and easy. I hadn't anticipated making something for ... hmmmm I have to think of something to call her since I don't use real names on my blog. I'll think on that later.

DC modeling the stocking cap
In addition to the billed cap, which took about 3 hours to complete, I also made a stocking cap. I used a very basic hat pattern (ie in my head, no pattern from someone else). I knocked this one out in about 2 hours.

I ended up giving the stocking cap to my mother's future husband.... someone else I have to make a name up for if I continue to mention him on my blog. *smiles*

All in all I think they came out pretty good and both were well received on Christmas morning.

... and just in time for another snow storm.

Merry Christmas, everyone - may your holiday season be safe and filled with love from family and friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment