Friday, March 18, 2011

Finally Finished Friday

Ahhh it's Friday - I look forward to spending the weekend with my family and getting out in the wonderful promised warm weather -

But Friday means something else - it means I get to post all the items I finished this week!

Now... it may seem like I was not that productive but I was, for some reason it just didn't show in finished crochet pieces.

What I did finish were a field of shamrocks.

I wanted to do the review of shamrock patterns for my blog, which I successfully completed (to read it, click here). But it left me with a lot of little shamrocks. The reason I started with the shamrocks was to make two pins for my kids. After seeing so many patterns, I thought the review would be good. And the review left me with a LOT of shamrocks. I decided to convert all of them into pins and put them on my desk at work. I then thought "why not make the money back for the pin backs I had to buy" and sold them for 50 cents each. I sold 9 of them! I was so surprised. Those that bought them really seemed to enjoy them, and all were worn on St. Patrick's Day.

So, these are pretty much the only finished objects I have. I am still midway through the stocking cap, the scrapghan still bellows for more yarn whenever I walk passed, and the others sit in a stagnent state, waiting for me to finish something else.

I did join a weight loss contest at work so I know I will have less time to crochet for the next two months, but hey - do whatcha gotta do, right? I figured I was already losing weight, why not ramp up the exercise a bit more and win a contest in the middle of my weight loss journey *grins*

So - with that I will digress back to the workday and .... darn it. My ipod just died.

I really should be better about charging that battery.

Anywhoozles - break is over and I am headed back to the work day. I wish you all the best.

God Bless and Happy Hooking!
- Cris

PS: If you like reading about what others have done, visit Tami's Amis blog and the Sugar Plums Blog to check out everyone else's FOs

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo cool shamrocks! I forgot to wear green so they would have come in handy for me!! I'm knitter desperately trying to learn to crochet :-P

Tami Klockau said...

I love them! This reminds me, I hope I can still get a Shamrock shake today before McD's pulls them. LOL I'm sure you helped a lot of coworkers not get pinched yesterday.

CrochetBlogger said...

So awesome that people bought your crochet shamrocks for St. Patty's Day! Way to share the love.

nursenikkiknits said...

I love the idea of crocheted shamrocks!! They are so cute. I will have to write that down somewhere to make for my kids next year... where do you write stuff like that down where you will actually find it at the right time?
Are you trying to say that crocheting doesn't count as a weight loss exercise? Drat!

Unknown said...

I detest that I cannot reply directly to a specific comment - so hopefully you come back and look for an answer *laughing*

I bookmark a lot of stuff and I use my notes app on my cell phone a LOT (probably too much, to be honest). Anything else is lost hehehe

Marushka C. said...

Those are very cute! I am sure your coworkers enjoyed them, too. Watch out, they may want Easter pins next.

Marushka C. said...

Those are very cute! I am sure your coworkers enjoyed them, too. Watch out, they may want Easter pins next.

Tami Klockau said...

I love them! This reminds me, I hope I can still get a Shamrock shake today before McD's pulls them. LOL I'm sure you helped a lot of coworkers not get pinched yesterday.

Post a Comment