Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Has it been a week already? Wow - time flies when you are having fun!


First, before getting into the WIP stuff, I saw a post by a fellow blogger regarding his dislike of people taking their blog pictures with their cell phones. I usually do this because my phone is handy; however, I never thought the pictures were that bad. So truly, give me your honest opinion on the photos. If they are terribly distracting or not - you won't hurt my feelings. I just want to make sure everyone who chooses to come to this blog truly enjoy it, pictures included.

So, with that said - on to the WIPs!

MYSTERY CAL
Whelp, I'm 3 clues into the Crochetville Mystery CAL and as you can see, I have pretty  much what I have from last week excluding the main piece is taller now.

While I'm not wanting to guess, it is hard not to. It definitely is not a hat - although wouldn't I be quite an interesting sight, strutting my stuff around in an over-zealous and baggy hat.... flopping around on my heat. Perhaps I could make a pair of dangly earrings out the extra pieces and put one on a necklace. Oh - wouldn't I be lovely!

In all actuality, I think it may be a bag, but I'm not 100%. Obviously, it is still relatively early on in he project (I think) so it could turn into anything. If it is a bag, it definitely would need lined because the bottom of the main piece has one of the flower-looking pieces in it (not sure if you can see it in the picture).

MARKET BAG
I have been needing a few different bags for various reasons: farmer's market, crochet project bags, and beach bags.

I had the Caron green yarn left over from when I frogged out the man's Christmas present last week and when I saw a small pattern booklet at Michael's for Enviro-Totes, I knew I had to get it. I grabbed it up for 3$ and headed to yarn group. I have been working on pattern #4.

Oddly enough I thought the bag was going to be square-ish from the picture, but alas - it is not square. It is definitely round.

I have put a few hours in on it and it is going pretty well. I will say I'm not exactly sure I'm going to stop at the recommended rows from the pattern for the sides. I think I want my bag to be a little taller - so I will be deviating from the pattern a wee bit (per norm).

CABLES
Whelp, I won't say that I like knitting or that the knitting bug has bit, but I have been keeping something on the needles for the last couple weeks. A couple nights ago I decided to try my hand at cables. I have never done them and I don't think they turned out too badly.

This was a bookmark pattern I found on Ravelry: Cabled Bookmark by Lesley Raymond.

Granted, right about where the needle is there I don't know what happened (sneezed or something) and stitches were being picked up and dropped like no one's business). I did end up frogging up this piece, but up until that point, it was going pretty good.

No - I'm not ready to tackle a sweater.

SOCKS
uh.... uhm.... *runs away*

---------------
If you are interested in reading what other people are working on or want to share your own works in progress, pop on over to Tami's Amis Blog and Ambassador Crochet to join in, or read through, the link party.

13 comments:

Natalie Howells said...

I take photos on my phone too, mainly because I don't currently have a working camera. I'd like to take posher pictures, but I'm not generally put off a blog based on phone pics. Your cables look very good btw, hope you try them again some time!

florencefrazier2002 said...

Love the flowers, if it is a bag it's going to be cute!  I did a market back for me a while ago when I was working on a large project.  Since I made if from Lion Brand Suade and Ribbon yarn I only use it as a yarn bag.  Can't wait to see your projects finished!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Projects are looking great. Do you find knitted bags stretch? I am always worried I will fill them with shopping and end up with it dragging along by my feet!

Karen said...

Everything looks great! I love the crocheted flowers. 

Unconventional Us said...

that CAL looks like it is interesting!  I have no patience and I would be so desperate to get to find out.  Lovely projects on the go though :)

Sarah Knight said...

Liking your cables - and looking forward to seeing how the bag and the mystery CAL turn out. Have a great week x

April said...

I think your photos look fine.  As do your cables!

Kathleen said...

I'm so intrigued by the mystery CAL, I can't wait to see how the flowers will figure into it.  And I really like the look of that market bag, the texture and colour look cool.

Marsha Seiberling said...

Personally I wouldn't really know if someone used their cell phone or not.  I only have an $80 Kodak Easy Share and sometimes when I have used my cell phone I think the pics actually came out better.

Ambassador Crochet said...

Love the cables. Someday I'll try knitting.....

Vivianne said...

I think cellphone photos beat having no photos :-)

Denise Seffens said...

Your photos look good to me.  That mystery project looks like it might be a bag.

Tami said...

love all your projects. I'd say the first one is either a bag or a REALLY big hat for a REALLY big giant. I think the cables look great, despite you having to frog it. Practice makes perfect, right!?

Post a Comment