Friday, June 17, 2011

FO Friday

Woooo hoooooo - it's Friday and that can only mean one thing - FO Friday!

While I have several things on the hook right now, I stopped briefly to do a fun project for my youngest - a pair of covered flip flops.

I found a pair of plain ole flip flops on sale so I grabbed some followed by some bright pink yarn (Impeccable - worsted weight in dark pink).

I will most likely do a tutorial (text and video) on how to make these - they were fun and the turnaround time was insanely quick. I finished off the sandal with a cute lil button and the yarn tied in a bow on the front. As you can see, I put a heel catch on the back and covered the plain ole straps.

I am thinking that in the future, I may just put some colored elastic on them. Perhaps make a tube of crochet and then feed the elastic in. Who knows - perhaps I'll play with that tonight.

It was a fun project that didn't take too long and put a big ole smile on my daughters face.

If you are interested in reading what other people have done this week or would like to share your own work, stop over to any one of these blogs that host link parties:
- Tami's Amis Blog
- Wisdom Begins in Wonder
- Natural Suburbia

20 comments:

florencefrazier2002 said...

How cute!  My sil went through a phase of tying strips of fabric on them but they always came off and were a mess.  I like your design much better!  I'll be waiting for your tutorial so I can try it out on my daughter.  Thanks for sharing!!!

Clare Unitt said...

Cool flip flops :-)

Sharon said...

Awww, so cute!  I wish I could wear flip flops to do that - my toes are too sensitive! ;-D

calophi said...

Cute idea!  You could probably just do sc's around a piece of tube elastic for the back strap. I did that before for pipe cleaners.

ash_lei said...

Those are soo cute, Cris! I love them and am totally gonna be waiting for that tutorial. :)

Karen said...

What a cute idea! I love them.

Ssach said...

Great job, I love to play with flip flops--plus if you don't like they way they turned out, frogging is a snap, and just start over.

Twirlycurlybird said...

Cute flip flops, I love that you also added little heel strap!

Tami said...

Adorable! That's perfect for those cheaper flip flops that always seem to leave blisters. I'd love to make a pair myself!

Voiedevie said...

Isn't it great when you can put a smile on dd face with so little effort? :)

Melissa Powers said...

These put a big of smile on my face as well.  Love the addition of the strap in back.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Spinster Beth said...

What a great idea! I live in flip flops in the summer ... I have to try this!

April said...

Wow, what a fantastic idea!  My boyfriend has 3 daughters under the age of 12 and they'd go nuts for something like that.

Marushka said...

Sweet! My daughter would LOVE a pair like those.

karen said...

what a great idea!

Andrea Morrison said...

Now those are sassy! 

Contessa said...

Oh my goodness, SO CUTE!  I'd love doing these.  I'd be thrilled if you posted a tutorial or pattern. :)

shotzi0827 said...

I had seen this type of project before and thought I would give it a try... I haven't yet, but certainly want to. These are adorable, and I love the heel strap. Perfect for smaller children who tend to be rough on flip flops.

Venividivoom said...

That's a very cute and clever idea! 

Kathleen said...

Adorable!  I love the idea of crochet-embellished flip-flops, and have been meaning to make some.  Yours came out wonderfully, I love the button-and-bow.

Post a Comment