Sunday, June 12, 2011

Come Blog-A-Long

OK - part of keeping info on my blog is to keep ideas coming or at least have a reason to talk about why I'm doing certain things. Obviously, I'll be keeping some days open for my free-for-all posts that randomly appear.

So - ok? you ask - what does this have to do with anything?

Well, dear readers, as of July 1st, I'll be joining in a Blog-A-Long group on Ravelry. The premise is to post all the patterns you plan on working through from July 2011 through June 2012. Yup - a year's worth of patterns. Some folks may choose to work their way through a book while others work their way through a set of patterns. Me - I'll be working my way through a set of patterns.

I will be posting the list of patterns on July 1st.

Oh boy... now that I've typed the commitment out - it is kinda scary!

My thoughts are this - The first part of my pattern list is going to be items that I need to complete by Christmas. Yup - some folks are not including their Christmas items but I am! If I don't account for them, there is a good chance I won't finish them... and well, I'd rather not repeat that again this year *coughs lightly*

Obviously, I don't have the entire list ready at this very moment, but look for it - it is coming!

Then every Sunday I will post an update on how I'm doing. I'll talk about the current projects I'm working on as far as the list is concerned (and yes, I'll most likely have other things going as well). I'll talk about any frustrations or concerns I have with meeting the deadline as well as with the projects themselves. I'll provide a percent complete status for each item as well as the overall project (I'm technical like that and like to see numbers).

So - just know it's gonna happen.

It's on like Donkey Kong.


*gulp*

2 comments:

Sarah Knight said...

I'm in too. Should be fun - but now to decide on the patterns *gulp*

Cris said...

Good to meet a fellow crazy person.. uh, I mean blogger taking on this challenge *hehehe* I've been going through several patterns and have only decided on a few.

Post a Comment