Sunday, February 26, 2012

Year of Projects: Week 35

Project Percentage Complete: 80%
Overall Percentage Complete: 96%

Number of Project Items: 20
Number of Added Items: 167

Total Completed Items: 179
Total Items: 187


Today's post is not going to be too interesting, I'm sorry to say. Basically I have started the now afghan (not throw) for the state fair project. This doesn't mean that I don't need to do a throw for the living room, but I decided that since I did pull a couple projects off the original list, I'd just change out the throw for something WAY bigger.

For the afghan I am making 90 8"x8" squares. Yup.. 90. Insane! It will be 9 by 10 squares in size with what I am hoping to finish off with a good 3" border. I am contemplating sharing photos here but right now I think I won't simply because I only have 1 strip of 10 squares done. I have started on the second strip. Heck. I may make you wait until its done to see the photos.

But this afghan has been my focus for the last week. I do feel a bit guilty because I have done absolutely no charitable crocheting, but then again, I spend most of my year crocheting for charitable causes and others' projects that taking a month out for an afghan for me shouldn't be a big deal. And yes, this afghan will be for me.

My biggest fear is that it is too simplistic for a state fair project, but at the same time, I think the sheer number of hours going into this thing makes it quite a wonder. Many folks stop at throws because crocheting something that covers a queen/king size bed takes a while. I think what I'm doing is going to take a lot of hours but its not like I'm doing it in thread! *laughing* That would be insane.... but I bet it would look cool as heck *pondering* Am I that insane to give it a whirl? ..... maybe.

So since that has been my focus and I'm not sharing photos of it yet, I figure I can let you have the stats and the list (although it goes unchanged from the previous post), and another silly photo from my personal life.

My daughter loves Build-A-Bear and all the accessories and clothes that come with it. And... unfortunately, our cat is about the size of a Build-A-Bear....

because of these two facts, you can see the mathematics behind this photo:

Little Girl with Passion + Relatively Tolerable Cat = (ticked off cat)^funny.

Project List Items (not complete)
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Queen Sized (plus) afghan Throw for living room sofa [state fair project - started]
- Round Afghan/Throw
- Angel Tree Topper

Project List Items (done)
- 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 1 knit scarf [started]
- Girls Trellis Poncho [started - my own pattern that will be posted free]

Added Items (done)
- 1 crocheted Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- 1 Ear Bud "purse"
- 1 crocheted hand bag





- 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)

- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 32 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
- 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
- 1 dust mitt

- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 crocheted towel toppers

- 1 WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- 11 crochet scarves
- 1 knit scarf
- 2 crochet cowls
- 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 knit hat
- 13 crochet hats
- 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
- 10 crochet hat clips
- 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry's Headband)
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- 1 Spiderweb Doily
- 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn't like, threw away)
- 6 mug cozies
- 1 pair knit socks
- 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
- 21 SIBOL Square
- 5 crochet pet beds (1 was not for donation, the rest are)
- 2 crochet mitts (owl mitts)
- 2 cup cozies (1 knit, 1 crochet)


---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

7 comments:

Sandycrochet said...

Your list makes me tired..............also makes me think if I'm going to make headway on my own, I should get off the computer and answer the call of the yarn.  lol......Keep going, we must spur each other ahead with our projects. Go go go, remember the little red caboose, I think I can, I think I can.

Faith said...

Great cat pic....she is far more tolerant than ours! We have two moggies which are old girls now but still great fun....wearing clothes, definitely a no, no!

Your blanket sounds great, but please don't make us wait until you've finished that's just plain mean!

Ruthmckeown said...

You know I think a month out for a project for you is a fine idea and sometimes simple is better. I think the simplicity and sheer size of it will do all the talking at the state fair..oh but can we please see a wee piccie lol 

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh dear, that poor cat. Mine would never stand for that sort of thing. If I even cuddle with the cat DH says I'm spoiling her :) 90 squares ... sounds like madness to me! Good luck!

Andi Social said...

Kitty is plotting a strategically placed poop in someone's shoe....

Kepanie said...

You shouldn't worry about this afghan being for you.  You DESERVE it 1000%!
Making up one so large should count very much in the judges' eyes.  I don't know much about state fair rules and expectations but damn, I bet the work you're doing is far more complicated than what you've described in this post.  Keep calm and carry on lady.  It's all good.
Yeah, the poor cat looks a bit ticked off...LOL!

Kate said...

Go on! 90 squares is quite do-able, and they are all the same size after all. Do it for you!

Your poor, well-behaved, tolerant cat - but so funny! I have to say that our ginger girl would never stand for that.

Post a Comment