Sunday, February 12, 2012

Year of Projects : Week 33

Project Percentage Complete: 80%
Overall Percentage Complete: 96%

Number of Project Items: 20
Number of Added Items: 164

Total Completed Items: 176
Total Items: 184

First and foremost, I added a new "stat" to the summary: total completed items. I was counting and recounting every month and that stat seems to be the one that changes the most. So I thought if I added it o the top, I wouldn't have to count and recount as much as I currently am. I will go back in once a month and verify all the numbers are correct. I think that'll make tracking a lot easier!

I continue to plug away at my list here and add plenty of new items. I changed out what I was going to make for my living room throw - but I'm happy that I did. I am now working on a sample-ghan - it is made from 63 different squares about 8x8 in size. I'm very pleased with this so far. I have completed 2 squares and figure I can make one a day or every other day. This means I'd be done with the project somewhere mid-April/early May. That puts it into my schedule at a nice slow but steady pace and allows me ample time to finish it before state fair time. I'm good with that.

I was able to donate 4 of the pet beds that I made. I will be posting more on that with my 12 for 12 charitable giving post.

I did get one Special Olympics donation scarf completed yesterday and I hope to finish another one today. I have also made a few items for my swap partner from the Fresh Off The Hook group. I should be able to get that in the mail tomorrow.... ok, the man will get that into the mail tomorrow *laughs*

That really is about it. Work has been really hectic this week. I've had to work 10-11 hour days because a co-worker has been in the hospital. My prayers are with her and I just hope I kept her workload clean enough so when she returns it won't be such a big deal to transition back.

keep your eyes "peeled"
So that is pretty much all I have for you today. I have a few things planned for the blog that should kick off in the next day or so - keep your eyes peeled for that.

And with a statement like "keep your eyes peeled for that" - I have to break out my banana brow picture again. I know I've used it before, but it is pretty darn funny.

Project List Items (not complete)
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa [state fair project]
- Round Afghan/Throw
- Angel Tree Topper

Project List Items (done)
- 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 1 knit scarf [started]
- Girls Trellis Poncho [started - my own pattern that will be posted free]

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Ear Bud "purse"

- 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)
- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 32 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
- 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
- 1 dust mitt

- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 crocheted towel toppers

- WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- 11 crochet scarves
- 1 knit scarf
- 2 crochet cowls
- 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 knit hat
- 13 crochet hats
- 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
- 10 crochet hat clips
- 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry's Headband)
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- Spiderweb Doily
- 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn't like, threw away)
- 6 mug cozies
- knit socks
- 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
- 21 SIBOL Square
- 5 crochet pet beds (1 was not for donation, the rest are)
- 2 crochet mitts (owl mitts)

This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.


Kate said...

Your colleague is so fortunate to have someone like you on their side. I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

Enjoy your sample-ghan - it's lovely having a "slow-burn" project.

Sandycrochet said...

You look adorable with your banana  Hope you have a better work week this week, and wow on your list. What's 12 x 12 charity list?

Ruthmckeown said...

Wow your list ! and I just think the banana brow is just to funny lol. love it.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

176 completed items in 33 weeks! That's tremendous! I like the idea of a square or two a day - slow and steady wins the race!

Cris said...

 Hopefully she will be back on Monday even if she should take it easy.

And yes - I finished my square watching a movie today. Love it :)

Cris said...

 Hey there :)

The 12 in 12 is a project Kathryn at Crochet Concupiscence came up with - 12 charitable donations in 2012. I believe she is doing 1 a month but I'm focusing on getting 12 good donations made. I have another post on my blog today for it and it links you to Kathryn's original post.

Cris said...

Hehehe thanks :)

Cris said...

A lot of those are smaller projects, but yea... even I'm a little surprised by it. I didn't know I crocheted that much!

Emma said...

Incredible crafting!  And special olympic scarfs sound amazing, such a nice thing to make!

Kepanie said...

I am very impressed with your 80% and 96%.  Wowzers!  That's wonderful the shelter took in all of your thoughtful ped beds.

kimmery4 said...

Your progress is amazing your photo is hilarious!  I too have had to carry a sick co-worker's load when they have been sick in the past, and it certainly can be stressful. I hope yours is healthy and back soon.  Love the idea of Special Olympic charity knitting--very caring!

Post a Comment