Sunday, February 12, 2012

Year of Projects : Week 33

Project Percentage Complete: 80%
Overall Percentage Complete: 96%

Number of Project Items: 20
Number of Added Items: 164

Total Completed Items: 176
Total Items: 184


First and foremost, I added a new "stat" to the summary: total completed items. I was counting and recounting every month and that stat seems to be the one that changes the most. So I thought if I added it o the top, I wouldn't have to count and recount as much as I currently am. I will go back in once a month and verify all the numbers are correct. I think that'll make tracking a lot easier!

I continue to plug away at my list here and add plenty of new items. I changed out what I was going to make for my living room throw - but I'm happy that I did. I am now working on a sample-ghan - it is made from 63 different squares about 8x8 in size. I'm very pleased with this so far. I have completed 2 squares and figure I can make one a day or every other day. This means I'd be done with the project somewhere mid-April/early May. That puts it into my schedule at a nice slow but steady pace and allows me ample time to finish it before state fair time. I'm good with that.

I was able to donate 4 of the pet beds that I made. I will be posting more on that with my 12 for 12 charitable giving post.

I did get one Special Olympics donation scarf completed yesterday and I hope to finish another one today. I have also made a few items for my swap partner from the Fresh Off The Hook group. I should be able to get that in the mail tomorrow.... ok, the man will get that into the mail tomorrow *laughs*

That really is about it. Work has been really hectic this week. I've had to work 10-11 hour days because a co-worker has been in the hospital. My prayers are with her and I just hope I kept her workload clean enough so when she returns it won't be such a big deal to transition back.

keep your eyes "peeled"
So that is pretty much all I have for you today. I have a few things planned for the blog that should kick off in the next day or so - keep your eyes peeled for that.

And with a statement like "keep your eyes peeled for that" - I have to break out my banana brow picture again. I know I've used it before, but it is pretty darn funny.


Project List Items (not complete)
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa [state fair project]
- Round Afghan/Throw
- Angel Tree Topper

Project List Items (done)
- 14 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 1 knit scarf [started]
- Girls Trellis Poncho [started - my own pattern that will be posted free]

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Ear Bud "purse"

- 2 Crochet Bags (Mystery CAL Beach Bag, EnviroTote #4)
- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 32 Crochet Wash/Dishcloth
- 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
- 1 dust mitt

- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 crocheted towel toppers

- WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- 11 crochet scarves
- 1 knit scarf
- 2 crochet cowls
- 5 Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 knit hat
- 13 crochet hats
- 2 crochet character hats (sock monkey, puppy)
- 10 crochet hat clips
- 10 crochet headbands (some are Sherry's Headband)
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- Spiderweb Doily
- 1 small decorative Christmas tree (didn't like, threw away)
- 6 mug cozies
- knit socks
- 4 crochet Faux Boob (pattern)
- 21 SIBOL Square
- 5 crochet pet beds (1 was not for donation, the rest are)
- 2 crochet mitts (owl mitts)

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

11 comments:

Kate said...

Your colleague is so fortunate to have someone like you on their side. I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

Enjoy your sample-ghan - it's lovely having a "slow-burn" project.

Sandycrochet said...

You look adorable with your banana brows....lol.  Hope you have a better work week this week, and wow on your list. What's 12 x 12 charity list?

Ruthmckeown said...

Wow your list ! and I just think the banana brow is just to funny lol. love it.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

176 completed items in 33 weeks! That's tremendous! I like the idea of a square or two a day - slow and steady wins the race!

Cris said...

 Hopefully she will be back on Monday even if she should take it easy.

And yes - I finished my square watching a movie today. Love it :)

Cris said...

 Hey there :)

The 12 in 12 is a project Kathryn at Crochet Concupiscence came up with - 12 charitable donations in 2012. I believe she is doing 1 a month but I'm focusing on getting 12 good donations made. I have another post on my blog today for it and it links you to Kathryn's original post.

Cris said...

Hehehe thanks :)

Cris said...

A lot of those are smaller projects, but yea... even I'm a little surprised by it. I didn't know I crocheted that much!

Emma said...

Incredible crafting!  And special olympic scarfs sound amazing, such a nice thing to make!

Kepanie said...

I am very impressed with your 80% and 96%.  Wowzers!  That's wonderful the shelter took in all of your thoughtful ped beds.

kimmery4 said...

Your progress is amazing your photo is hilarious!  I too have had to carry a sick co-worker's load when they have been sick in the past, and it certainly can be stressful. I hope yours is healthy and back soon.  Love the idea of Special Olympic charity knitting--very caring!
*smiles&

Post a Comment