Sunday, August 14, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 7

Project Percentage Complete: 29%
Overall Percentage Complete: 36%

Number of Project Items: 28
Number of Added Items: 10
Total Items: 44

I started my week off finishing off the crochet pattern for the Dishcloth Mania Ravelry Group, week 13. I got up early last Sunday while the family slept in - it took me about an hour and a half to do the pattern, which modifications. Here is a link to the pattern if you want it - but I'll warn you, I had to make some modifications to the pattern. The counts for the rows are off. I also added an edging. My edging caused the cloth to ruffle a little bit, but I'm ok with that. I actually think it turned out pretty good.
product of my quiet Sunday morning

In other good news, I decided on a pattern for my table runner. I am making the Lacet Table Runner which was originally published in 1935. I chose the pattern because of its simplicity. I kinda wish I had chose something a little more intricate, but I'm not sure - I waver back and forth between it being a good decision and it being a cop out.

I have made pretty decent headway on the table runner, which I shared with you earlier in the week. I like the pattern so it isn't dreadful to work on - I'm just having a problem with drifting off thinking about how long it'll be before I'm finished. I shouldn't because that seems to make the work more tedious. I honestly have no idea when I'll be done with it but I know I'll love it when I'm finished.

On top of that, I do think I'll be starting the sweater vest on the list later this week.



Project List Items (not complete)
- Filet Market Bag
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
- Men's Vest (Christmas present)
- Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
- Angel Tree Topper
- Joseph Wrap from Crochet! Magazine (as Christmas present)
- 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas presents)
- 2 sets of Golf Club Covers (no numbers) - (as Christmas presents)

Project List Items (done)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 4 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (as office Christmas presents)
- Easy Cabled Scarf (my own pattern) 

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [65% complete]
- EnviroTote Market Bag #4
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- 4 thread crochet coasters

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag
- 2 Knit Washcloth
- 2 Crochet Dishcloth
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

11 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Your YOP posts always make me feel so inspired!

Cris said...

Thanks! I feel honored to hear that from you :) I look at it and think, why does the total project percent keep going up and not the total projects on the list *laughs* I definitely saved the big stuff for the project list and am doing a lot of the tiny stuff instead... oops!

RugbyMad said...

I love your dishcloth, the ruffled edge finishes it of perfectly.  I love the early morning determination to get it done.  That's so me as well.

kimmery4 said...

Your table runner is not a cop out--it is beautiful as well as your discloth! Knitting when the house is quiet is so cathartic.
*smiles*

MindingMyOwnStiches said...

Thanks for the pattern link for the dishcloth: i might give it a try!

Cris said...

Its a cute cloth just when you start the spiral, you may need to adjust some of the counts from the pattern. I've had a good time in the dishcloth group - if you like cloths, they post a knit and crochet pattern every week. Good group to be in :)

Cris said...

Oh that quiet time is nice - I pop on some tunes and turn the volume down low and just relax back and get "into the zone" of relaxation :)

Cris said...

I didn't know I enjoyed that early morning time until recently - it's just SO quiet and nice.

florencefrazier2002 said...

You are doing better than me.  I'm still stuck on my latest shawl and my top.  Of course I have to say that I didn't get much done this weekend. I really need to make some progress this week.  I'm ready to move on to new projects!

Rottnluck said...

You are ambitious!  I love your stats.  :)

Sarah - Crafts From The Cwtch said...

i love seeing your stats - I'm not at all stats minded so I'm a little fascinated that other people think/work this way :) 

Hope you have a great week and will look out for that vest! x

Post a Comment