Sunday, August 07, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 6

Project Percentage Complete: 29%
Overall Percentage Complete: 37%

Number of Project Items: 28
Number of Added Items: 10
Total Items: 38


A few folks have asked about the pattern I will be using for the table runner. Honestly, I am not sure. I have a couple that I'm interested in that I've favorited and added to queue on Rav, but I have not made a solid decision yet. If you have a favorite or one you'd like to challenge me to crochet, post a link in the comments. I'd love to take a look!

A friend of mine that attends the same yarn group as I do grabbed me last Wednesday at group and showed me some patterns in the Crochet World magazine that she wanted to try. She is more of a knitter and I'm more of a crocheter, so I said that I'd help her..... even though they are thread crochet patterns.

(If you are a new reader, you probably haven't seen me say this before so I shall repeat - I am NOT a fan of thread crochet. no no no definitely not).

So being the wonderful friend that I am *coughs lightly* I bought the magazine before I left Barnes and headed over to Michaels (a mean store combination, if you ask me) and got a few balls of thread. I also picked up a small pattern book with thread patterns because it had some really cute coasters in it... and I need some coasters for my new dining room table. I think when I finish all the chair toppers (my pattern linked below) and the coasters, I should take a picture of my table so you can see it with all the crochet stuff on it.....

Anywhoozles - while I am not a fan of thread crochet, it seems that is something I'll be doing for a little bit. Which also means I'll most likely be doing thread for a while.

And how in the world does this apply to my Year of Projects post? Oh... I will most likely be starting on my runner soon so I need to find a pattern here in the near future.

That is all.

Project List Items (not complete)
- Filet Market Bag
- Lacey Table Runner for kitchen
- Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
- Men's Vest (Christmas present)
- Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
- Angel Tree Topper
- Joseph Wrap from Crochet! Magazine (as Christmas present)
- 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas presents)
- 2 sets of Golf Club Covers (no numbers) - (as Christmas presents)

Project List Items (done)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 4 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (as office Christmas presents)
- Easy Cabled Scarf (my own pattern) 

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [65% complete]
- EnviroTote Market Bag #4
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag
- 2 Knit Washcloth
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

19 comments:

Kate said...

What a great friend you are!

Cris said...

hehehe She laughed when she said she had some thread crochet projects she needed help with... hmmm not quite a laugh, more of a cackle! - it'll be fun and like all things, if I want the finished project, I have to bare through the not-so-fun stuff :P

MindingMyOwnStiches said...

I just rescued a Crocheted Lace book from the bargain bin and was pondering thread crochet. And really what I was pondering was the idea of doing a lacey table runner from lace yarn instead of thread. That's why I'm interested to se what you do. Like your friend I'm more of a knitter than a crocheter.

Keri said...

You are really inspiring me to make a proper post for the updates.  I really have to do that for next week!

CrochetBlogger said...

Hope you end up enjoying the thread crochet projects even though thread isn't so much your thing. I feel the same way about it.

Cris said...

oh... sadly - wait until tomorrow's post :(

RugbyMad said...

The thought of thread crochet makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  I don't see it anywhere in my future.  Am holding thumbs for you.

florencefrazier2002 said...

You have an ambitious list!  I have done thread crochet and I will say, I'm not a fan anymore.  I developed carpal tunnel while doing thread crochet so I don't do it often anymore.  I went on a little spurt last year doing Christmas Orniments and bookmarks for my co-workers but haven't touched it since.  Good Luck!

Rottnluck said...

Yeah, thread crochet is for the birdies.  Good luck!  Can't wait to see what you do.

gfdgdf dfgdfgdf said...

I don't know what thread crochet is (it sounds like crochet with thread?) but it looks like everyone else is afraid of it, so good luck.

Cris said...

That is exactly what it is - think doilies and really skinny thread. I It is definitely time consuming :( I need a table runner and I want to make it (sadist much?) hehehe

Cris said...

I ended up choosing a more straight forward, non-fancy-schmancy table runner. 3 hours for 1 inch though... doesn't seem too "simple" even though it is LOL

Cris said...

It is definitely a tedious task to make something, even if it is is relatively simple and straight forward. I chose just that - simple and straight forward, although my time estimations don't seem to make it out that way UGH!

Cris said...

Thanks for the well wishes - I am gonna need it!!!!

Cris said...

It is the only way I can keep track of my list - and I am very interested in what else I add... which so far has been a few things. In the end, I'd like to have a very interesting list of what I did in a year (expected and surprise additions)

Cris said...

OHHHHH that would be really pretty - I am following your page via google reader so I'm gonna keep my eye out for updates from your end :)

kimmery4 said...

I have never crocheted before--with yarn or thread, but I can imagine how lovely the thread coasters will be.  For sure post a photo!
*smiles*

Sandycrochet said...

I've not tried my hand with thread in years...so wish you lots of luck.  I thought it was hard on my eyes back then, and I was younger then; sooooooooo, probably not going to do it now.  lol

Dorothy said...

Good luck with the thread crochet.  Will look forward to the pictures of your coasters.

Post a Comment