Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ear Bud "Purse"

I could technically wait until Friday to post this but I am choosing not to wait... simply because I don't like waiting *laughs*

If anyone is interested, I could write the pattern up.

I will probably write about this again in my Sunday review of my Year of Projects progress - but I'm gonna tell you why now too. *laughs*

I stayed home from yarn group last night because I had a headache. I sat watching TV when my daughter brought her ear buds to me. They were still in the package. She said she tried to get them open at school but couldn't. Ear buds were on the list of school supplies since there is a lot more lab work for the kids. It's a good idea, really, simply for personal hygiene.

So instead of sitting there, I figured picking up the hook may take my mind off my headache. It only took about 45 minutes total to whip up the little ear bud purse pictured above. I used scrap yarn. The flower is raised from the disk. The back is the same green as the edge and handle.

I'm sure there are a million things I could do different to better the design but for a quick job off the top of my head, I don't think it turned out too badly.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Sometimes those quick spur of the moment projects are the best!

florencefrazier2002 said...

That is really cute!!!  We have girls here in the office that have mp3 player purses that they hang around their necks.

Post a Comment