Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Oh boy - I almost missed an opportunity to post the mega-progress I have made on the table runner...

Ok, just kidding - other than being a little longer, it looks pretty much the same as it did last week.

I will admit that I'm a little worried. I think that I tightened my gauge a little so there is a possibility that my table runner will be more trapezoidal than rectangular.

OOPS.

Right now its not terrible but I would not be feeling too well if I had to rip the whole thing out and start over - or at least start over 2 inches from the end.

That, my friends, would be depressing.

But for now I'm just plugging along hoping that a good blocking will solve my problem in the end.

baobab (c) Cris Porter, 2011
On a completely non-crochet related note, and quite frankly more of an FO than a WIP, I decided to spend my Tuesday night painting. I don't know why - I just felt like it.

First, my apologies for the picture quality. I have found that while a lot of things can photograph just fine inside, a painting needs to be outside. And right now it's 11pm and I'm pretty sure it's lighter inside than it is out.

I'm not sure on the size, I think it's 16x24 (I didn't pay attention) and painted in acrylics on canvas. I call the painting "baobab" as it is inspired by Le Petit Prince, or the Little Prince. If you have not read the book, I highly suggest it - and even more so read it in French, the original language, if you can.

It is funny because after I painted it, I sat and played the cloud game in my photo and it seems I did a distinct Nessie or sea turtle (depending on who you are) and a rather cloudy looking whale. And then I looked at the painting. Knowing the story and the purpose of the baobab, I began to actually feel sorry for the little moon/planet.

I dunno - I'm such a dork.

Anywhoozles - that's all I have for today. I hope you have a great day!

-----------

This post is part of the WIP Wednesday link party over at Tami's Amis blog. Stop by if you are interested in reading more WIPs or if you want to post your own.

11 comments:

Carole said...

Your table runner is looking great and I'm sure blocking will even it out :)

Love your painting :)

Natalie Howells said...

Blocking is made of magic, so I'm sure it'll even out any tension changes. The runner looks too good to worry about any kind of starting over!

MindingMyOwnStiches said...

Oh I saw a nessie, and then after I read your post, it's become a sea turtle to me. The table runner looks very pretty. I'd bet it'll block out just fine!

florencefrazier2002 said...

I didn't take pictures of my WIP's today because I didn't feel like I made that much progress on them.  I like your table runner and may try to do one of my own in a color to match my dining area.  You painting is very nice!  I wish I could do that.  I'm creative with yarn and needles, thread and canvas, thread and fabric and paper but not with paints.  You go girl!

Kat said...

I'm envious. I wish I could draw or paint. If I could I would probably tattoo for a living on the side. All I can do is stick figures. :oI   lol.   Your runner is looking great!

Denise Seffens said...

Your runner looks good.  Hopefully a good blocking should take care of any imperfections.  Your painting is beautiful.  Love the blues in it.

RugbyMad said...

Not only can you crochet, but paint as well!  Truly multi talented.  Awesome

Heather Lott said...

That crochet's really impressive!  Love the painting...I also wish I knew how to paint!

Cindy said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE your painting!!

shaden lecour said...

Love the painting! How charming! I hope everything comes out okay in the end with your table-runner. Best of luck.

Sandycrochet said...

Table runner is looking good, fingers crossed for you that it works out and you don't have to frog.  I hate frogging and have it way to much of late.

Post a Comment