Thursday, January 03, 2013

A Crochet Nightmare

The title may be one you think I've used to be trendy and draw your eye in. Sadly - its really just that... I had a crochet "nightmare" last night. No, I did not wake up in a cold sweat with eyes wide open, gasping for breath (as you'd see in any top notch thriller). I did wake up a bit frustrated and curious why I would have this type of a dream.

My dream is this:

I was working on the scarf I just finished awake - although instead of knit, which the real one is, this one was being crocheted. I was working along and the scarf was ridiculously long but I was sure I needed to add just one more row... one more row... one more row (which is, consequently, a chant I have used while working on things when I'm awake).

I was working with a red hook... a red plastic hook. Maybe this is when I knew it was a dream? I don't own red plastic hooks. As I was going along, oddly casting multiple loops of stitches onto the hook as if I were knitting, the hook snapped - right above the thumb rest. Loops started falling off the hook and I knew I would not be able to get them back. Someone, I don't know who, brought me a bamboo hook (again, another item I don't use). I was trying to pick up the loops with the bamboo hook but the handle of the red hook was slipping out of loops faster than I could get them on the new hook.

The loops kept falling off - and it seemed like those last three loops fell off an infinite number of times - me struggling to save my work...

And then I woke up.

I don't read much into dreams but I just thought this one was fun enough to share.

I'm interested in what you all think this could mean - beyond I was working on that scarf just moments before I went to sleep. Have you had any crochet or knit related dreams before? Share in the comments below!

3 comments:

Tracy Joyner said...

You are pushing yourself too hard and your work is slipping away faster than you can salvage it. You need to slow down Cris. Have you lost your enjoyment?

Beverly Matheson said...

I agree with Tracy. Definitely working yourself too hard. Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog today. I put a note to you there so if you have time to stop over . . . Big hugs from Utah, Bev

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I never dream about knit or crochet, although I wish I could. I agree with Miss Tracy, you are working too hard. Relax. Take a break. But I will say I have this fear when I knit. I am not as comfortable with knitting as I am with crochet, so I go slow and live in fear with each stitch that if I drop it, I have to restart all over. Of course I have learned to use life lines since doing some lace projects..but the fear is always there.


I just found your blog via Bev's comments. Love it. :)


Now, go straight to your nearest yarn shop and buy some yarn....it will make you feel better after such a nightmare of a dream. :)

Post a Comment