Sunday, July 03, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 1

I have really been pondering how I'm gonna report my projects for the "Year of Projects" project (I'm sure somewhere I broke a law on how many times you can use the word project in a sentence *laughs*). I do know I'll be posting an update every Sunday, even if there is no update.

First, I am going to use the graphic below on all my posts for this project. If you are doing the project and would like to use a graphic, several are available to you on the project's Ravelry forum.

So firstly, I think what I will do is talk about how my week has gone and then go into the list. I will be adding my WIPs to the list if they are not part of the original list because at the end of the year, I'd like to see what I have completed in total along with how much on my list I have finished. This ensures that I do not lose track of the primary list as I move through each week but I also do get to track what else I'm doing in addition to any side projects I pick up along the way. I am also going to report with an overall percentage complete of the original list to a total percentage complete of all projects listed.

-----------------------------------

Project Percentage Complete: 0%
Overall Percentage Complete: 7%

Obviously I have had no time to actually work on anything due to moving into the new house and the fact I only posted my list 2 days ago. I hope to show more progress by next Sunday.

What did happen is that I found I had a need for a small hand bag but I want it to go over my wrist. I often find myself with keys and my cell phone in hand, wearing slacks that have no pockets. Per norm, my mind went to crochet design mode and I think I came up with a pretty spiffy pattern. I am currently working it up to see if it'll work out (hmmm Work Up to Work Out... interesting thought... )

Anywhoozles - I finished up the wristlet two pocket bag last night and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I want to find a different, thinner yarn to work with before beginning to write up the pattern.. Of course, while working this pattern up, I have thought of a million different ways to spice up the outside of the bag. If this works out ok, I think you all will really love the pattern. I'm not sure if this is a pattern I'd want to sell or make available for free.... I haven't put up a free pattern in a while, so perhaps it is time.
Project List Items (not complete)
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Filet Market Bag- Lacey Table Runner for kitchen
- Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
- Men's Vest (Christmas present)
- Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
- Angel Tree Topper
- Joseph Wrap from Crochet! Magazine (as Christmas present)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 15 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (as office Christmas presents)
- 2 sets of Golf Club Covers (no numbers) - (as Christmas presents)

Project List Items (done)
(none at this time)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern)

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag

3 comments:

ruthmckeown said...

Great first week post, as you say its hard to have much done for this first week what with it being only 2 days since the list was posted. I'm unsure how I'm going to do my weekly posts

CrochetConcupiscence said...

Your approach to organizing these Sunday posts makes perfect sense to me. It seems like it will be a great format for tracking your success while leaving flexibility for adding other projects. Have fun with it!

florencefrazier2002 said...

I've been tossing around ideas of things I want to make.  Need to get serious and get my list made!

Post a Comment