Monday, May 09, 2011

Blogger Frustrations and Crochet Stuff

I'm first going to vent my frustrations for Blogger....

*vent rant rant rant vent frustrate vent rant vent*

There.... I feel better.

The problem with Blogger, which usually works flawlessly for me, is that the blogs I subscribe to are not showing the most recent activity. I can go to the "manage" button; however, that just lists the blogs. I have to go through every one to see if any new posts have been made - and let me tell you, that is a chore! The normal place where the recent activity shows basically says I'm not subscribed to anyone, which is pure malarky.

So - with that said... if I regularly comment on your blog and I haven't in the last 3 or 4 days - this is the reason why. I do try to go through the manage list, but I genuinely don't have time some days to look at every subscription. I'm trying though! I got through about half of it this morning and I'm hoping to have some time later tonight, provided I finish my paper.

Anywhoozles....

This last week has been pretty exciting for me as far as crochet goes. I have a stack of dishcloths ready for donation and I'm on an all out quest to find the 2012 Special Olympic scarf colors (which will most likely end in me ordering it online).

On top of this, I have written my first pattern to be put up for sale. It is currently with testers and I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if any corrections need to be made. A couple have responded with great suggestions. The whole process is exciting. It is new and different and genuinely makes me want to do it again.

I am looking forward to writing my final paper for the semester tonight. This will free up some time which I can split between fitness and crochet. I am thinking I will use this summer to become a certified crochet instructor.

Question for Readers:
1. Are you a member of CGOA? What has been your experience?
2. Are you a certified crochet instructor?

3 comments:

CrochetConcupiscence said...

Have you ever considered switching to WordPress? I'm a huge fan of Wordpress and loathe working in Blogger although for some reason many, many of the crochet blogs I follow are using Blogger.

Very cool about becoming a certified crochet instructor - I didn't even realize there was such a thing!As an aside, if you ever need additional pattern testers I'd love to try my hand at it.

Cris said...

I have thought about switching, but with the number of patterns I already have listed here, it wouldn't make much sense - right now, the only time I think it would be worth it is if I was going to my own URL. I am not even sure why i went with Blogger. I am sure I had some weird reason, but I can't remember LOL And this really has been the only problem. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

And if you are interested in testing - shoot me an email with your email in it creationsbycris (at) comcast (dot) net

Kat said...

I've had problems with blogger before. They can be very frustrating to say the least.

I am not a member of CGOA or a certified crochet instructor. I think if I had a lot of free time I would become a certified instructor.

Post a Comment