Friday, August 08, 2014

never run with pointy sticks...

I have no idea what the title of this post has to do with the creation of socks, but its all I could come up with. *laughs*

I do know that I really enjoy making socks - and while I normally use two circular needles and sometimes occasionally one circular, nothing seems to make me feel more "in touch" with my "knitting heritage" like using bamboo double pointed needles.

Am I the only person that feels like this?

I genuinely have no idea why but I sometimes venture to think it is the appearance of a seemingly complicated technique down to the idea of my actually possessing some form of coordination in my fingers (because I definitely don't have it in my feet - as my dancing surely proves). Perhaps its the imagery of pioneer women adventuring to the West, sitting high atop a covered wagon with their needles in hand (I doubt I'd be coordinated enough for this one).

I finished the socks pictured above last week - completed on DPNs and found myself casting another pair
on last night - same needles, different yarn.

What is your favorite method of "going in a circle" while knitting - DPNs? Two Circs? One?

0 comments:

Post a Comment