Sunday, February 17, 2013

Year of Projects 2: Update 20

Project Percentage Complete: 49%
Overall Percentage Complete: 70%

Number of Project Items: 98
Number of Added Items: 87
Total Items: 185

Total Completed Project Items: 48
Total Completed Items: 130


Whelp, this week was a week of finishes for me... but not necessarily finishes from my original project list. *doh*

I finished the vanilla socks for me - they are ankle socks and I really do like them. I can't say it enough that I really liked working with the Opal sock yarn. It was delightful and fun.... two things I never thought I'd say about ANY knitting project.

I had some fun pictures of me wearing them BUT there was dog hair in every single shot *laughs* I am not ashamed of having a dog, but yea.... sometimes, when you are showing off your projects, pet hair is not exactly attractive.

In addition to the socks, I finished off 13 crochet fortune cookies, which I will be writing a pattern review and will have a picture in my Valentine's Day Crafting post I should have up this week coming.

My final finish was a short notice Ice Pack Pillowcase. I think I'll end up writing the pattern up and offering it here for free.

You see, Bird had some teeth pulled this week and BOY is she miserable. So, she was wrapping ice packs up in wash cloths, which I think is the standard go-to for most folks. Watching her trying to sleep with them and seeing them slip all over the place inspired me to make a tiny lil pillow case for them. She seems to like it and has already fell asleep on it once.

I was in the ethical dilemma of taking a picture of it "in action" or settling for a picture of it sitting on the side stand ... because I love her, here is the picture of it on the stand, before its first use.

I did get a start on my knit wingspan, which is on the original project list. I will admit, I'm back to not having much fun with this knit project. I'm using Happy Yarn, which is a bamboo blend, in the colorway Pisces. I have finished the first triangle and am mid-way done with the second.

I am not sure I'll have enough yarn and the triangles are seeming to take for-ev-errrr to make (read that with dramatic slowness). I'm hoping it speeds up a bit - of course, it won't speed up if I don't actually work on it. *laughs*

So - while I had a pretty successful week of finishes, my percentage for my project items did not change. The percentage of overall completion, which includes all the added items I've made, went up several points. That's pretty exciting.



Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL  
- 9 crochet knockers for donation
- Knit Wingspan Shawl 

- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- 1 pair spat warmers
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)


Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
- 1 crochet knockers for donation
- Wrap (ended poorly - was supposed to be for Squirt but... didn't work out)

Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me) 
- Pimpelliese (for me)

- Striped Granny Bag
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf 
- Blue or Purple Cowl (for a friend; after the holidays)

Added Items (done)
- Have a Heart Shawl (free Red Heart pattern)
- Magic Square Potholder
- Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
- 50 Ruffle Scarves
- Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)
- Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
- House Slippers (Christmas Present)
- Warm Hat with Bill (Christmas Present)
- Stocking Cap (Christmas present)
- 3 icord knit snakes
- My Garter Slipped Scarf (for me)
- 1 pair Vanilla Socks
- 2 plastic canvas door hanging pouches (for Valentine's Day)
- Ice Pack Pillowcase
- 13 Crochet Fortune Cookies
- 1 pair of Vanilla Socks for me
- Headband to Match Garter Slip Scarf (for me) 

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.



5 comments:

Lynn Walma said...

Maybe Wingspan should be kicked off the list? You sound fed up with it already. A pillowcase for an icepack is a great idea. Wish I'd thought of it when I sprained my ankle last year!

Cris said...

I know I'd still like the final product - I was just expecting it to be a bit more fun based on what others in my yarn group had said. I'll finish it - but I have a feeling it'll be on the needles for a bit longer than originally planned. I have plenty of other stuff to break up the time :)

kimmery4 said...

I hope you can hang on for a completed Wingspan--I am having the same feelings about my barndance scarf--with 200 + stitches on the needle, one row takes foreevvverrr. I really want the finished scarf though! Your socks are delightful and I think I need to look into some of that Opal yarn--I am hearing so much good about it. Hope Bird feels better soon--she is lucky to have you. :)
*smiles*

Keri said...

Hang in there with the Wingspan. It is a little boring but you are right, It is wonderful when it's finished. My MIL claims it is her favourite piece of knitting from me yet.
Boo Hiss for having teeth pulled. Hope she feels better soon.

mary williams said...

heck..I've probably knit some animal fur into my projects..At any moment in my house I can find you some dog hair, cat fur, dust bunnies and parrot feathers...it is all part and parcel of having animals that we love...doesn't matter how clean a house is kept..the animals always leave their mark!

Post a Comment