Sunday, November 27, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 22

Project Percentage Complete: 64%
Overall Percentage Complete: 84%

Number of Project Items: 25
Number of Added Items: 70
Total Items: 95

This week was spent with a LOT more crochet dish cloths than I could have ever imagined. I made a lot. I used up a full 1 pound ball of the Bernat cotton so I have a lot of blue dishcloths laying around now.

Related to cleaning, I also made a fun dust mitt. I used pom-pom yarn. This is a pattern I definitely want to write up but need to free up my counter to do so - you see, this is a pattern for those who knit and crochet.

 It worked up relatively quickly - perhaps 2 hours. I have used it on a few small things but I think I'll be dusting the televisions today.

Let's see - what else....

I started knitting a chemo-cap for my friend's son-in-law. He is undergoing treatment now and has shaved his head. I tried to take a picture of it but it is grey outside here and the color of the hat is dark blue. Perhaps I'll be able to get a better picture of it once I finish it and can get it outside. I'm thinking I have about 5 more rows of knitting to do on it then I will start the decreases. I bought some dpn's yesterday so I would have at least 6 in the same size as my needles. I'm really hoping I do ok with the decreases.

As for a pattern on the hat - I made it up. Reading knit patterns is something I'm going to have to get better at. Crochet patterns come easy (years and years of experience) - knit patterns not so much.

Ok - that's all I really have going on. My percentages are looking pretty good considering where we are at with the holidays and such and all that I have finished. I cannot believe I've made over 90 items in the last 6 months. C-R-A-Z-Y

So with that said - here is a picture of the pumpkin pies I made (there were 4 then one disappeared *laughs*) and a list of things I've made with links to patterns where available.



Project List Items (not complete)
- Filet Market Bag
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa
- Round Afghan/Throw
- Angel Tree Topper
- 4 pair Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas gift)

Project List Items (done)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas)
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- Angel Hair scarf
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- knit socks [started]
- 1 sock monkey character hat
- 1 knitted chemo cap

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag
- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 15 Crochet Dishcloth
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- Ear Bud "purse"
- WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- Angel Hair scarf
- 1 hour cowl
- Hipster (accidental creation)
- Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 Loom Knit Hat
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- 8 Sherry's Headband 
- EnviroTote Market Bag #4
- 1 crochet headband (no pattern)
- Spiderweb Doily
- Crochet Scarf for coworker's son
- 5 crochet washcloths (Christmas presents)
- 1 crochet face scrub finger mitt (Christmas present)
- 1 dust mitt

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

9 comments:

Sandycrochet said...

Your list makes me tired, your pies look yummy.  Cleaning....don't spread that around.  I'm not sure I'd want to take time to make something cute, like your mitt...then get it all icky from cleaning.  lol

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Love the dust mitt!  And, wow, 90 projects is truly astounding.

faithryder said...

Well done your percentages are looking really good.  I love the duster mitt, what a great idea.  Your pumpkin pies look yummy too! Have a great week!

Cris said...

I am not a fan of pumpkin but everyone said they were delightful. The first bite of the first pie brought a tear to the man's eye (I really wish I were kidding LOL)

Cris said...

Thanks! I'm hoping to get the pattern up for the mitt soon once I count everything and remake it (to confirm)

Cris said...

I know that if I didn't clean (which I actually HATE to do) that I'd go insane. My chaotic schedule means that I cannot keep chaos around me. Drives me insane - the mitt was a weird thought when I saw something in the store that resembled the pom-pa-doodle yarn.

Nicole said...

Good idea using the pom pom yarn. I just did my first project using that and was amazed how easy it actually is to use!

Dorothy said...

You've been busy Cris !!  I love the dust mitt and will look forward to seeing the pattern when you get around to writing it up. Have a good week.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That's an awesome dust glove. I'd absolutely knit or crochet one or more of those! So cute!

Post a Comment