Sunday, November 06, 2011

Year of Projects: Week 19

Project Percentage Complete: 59%
Overall Percentage Complete: 76%

Number of Project Items: 27
Number of Added Items: 43
Total Items: 70

I decided to type this message up a lot earlier than Sunday simply because my comprehensive exam begins on Friday.... as far as when I'm actually writing this - that means tomorrow (its Thursday night). I'm not overly stressed about doing the exam or even passing, I just know that it is going to be a very intensive 9 days with all that has to be written and all other time commitments like work. It makes me wish I had another week to take off work - I'd seriously schedule vacation time to cover this just for the extra time.

So before Friday, I began working on several smaller items. One of those was the candy stocking ornament, which I posted the pattern to earlier this week.

My friend, the one who does craft fairs, approached me after the last one and asked if I could put some more items on her table. While I do have a few scarves left that I could send back to her, I thought it would be best to try out a few small items. In addition to making 10 of the stocking ornaments this week, I finished 2 lid-holders, 1 crochet dishcloth, and 2 wreath pins.

In addition to all of that, I sat down Saturday for an hour and whipped up Sherry's Headband pattern from Ravelry. I will be posting a review of that pattern tomorrow.

All in all, rather productive excluding the fact that none of these items were on my original list. Because of that, my project percentage complete hasn't gone up at all; however, my total percentage is rising really quickly.

I did do something a little different this week too - I visit Crochetville a lot and hang around the "need help" forums in case there is something I can help with. Another forum member posted a question this week about teaching a one handed person how to crochet - I sat there for a moment and picked up a couple different hooks and gave it a whirl. I figure the only way to answer that question is to try doing it yourself. I posted a video about that yesterday - There is a lot of rambling in it, talking about where my inspirations and ideas for the technique came from, but the last half of the video is me actually crocheting one-handed. 

I highly doubt I'll get much crochet done in the next week because of the exam, but I am going to try to crochet at least 30 minutes before bed just for relaxation.

So, with that said - here is my detailed list showing progress.

Enjoy your day everyone.


Project List Items (not complete)
- Filet Market Bag
- Lacet Table Runner [...started...]
- Throw for living room sofa (no pattern selected yet)
- Round Afghan/Throw (potential Christmas present)
- Angel Tree Topper
- 4 pair Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas gift)
- 2 sets Golf Club Covers (no numbers) - (Christmas gifts)

Project List Items (done)
- 3 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (personal use)
- 11 pair of Paperclip Ice Skates Ornaments (office Christmas)
- Easy Cabled Scarf
- Poncho (early Christmas present)

Added Items (not complete)
- Wristlet Bag (adjusting pattern) [...65%...]
- Angel Hair scarf
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- knit socks [started]
- Kid's Scarf (purchased, needs finished) [started]

Added Items (done)
- Wristlet Bag (making my own pattern)
- Mystery CAL Beach Bag
- 5 Knit Washcloth
- 4 Crochet Dishcloth
- 2 Kitchen Chair Wall Protector
- Ear Bud "purse"
- WW Yarn Runner for  ledge
- Angel Hair scarf
- 1 hour cowl
- Chunky Cowl
- Hybrid Hat (pattern coming soon)
- 1 Loom Knit Hat
- 10  Candy Stocking Ornaments
- 2 Crochet Lid Topper
- 2 wreath pins
- Sherry's Headband 
- EnviroTote Market Bag #4
- 1 crochet headband (no pattern)

---------------------
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.

15 comments:

Dorothy said...

Good luck with your exams.  The little stockings are so cute - I'm going to have to go back through your blog to find the pattern.  Also that headband looks interesting and I'll be keen to see your review of the pattern. 

Ruthmckeown said...

I love your little stockings very cute and the headband is the most gorgeous colour and I'll look out for your review.

Kate said...

Good luck with your exam! I remain in awe of just how much crafting you fit into your time, and your progress through your list!

Cris said...

Knowing I was going to be working on the exam a lot, I ended up getting a LOT of small projects done. The stockings only took 3 hours - I popped a movie in and the kids and I watched it while I made those. Now, if I had made a sweater or an afghan *wowzers* - but I think I pushed it hard because I knew my crochet time would be limited this week.

Cris said...

I used Red Heart sock yarn (heart and sole with aloe) in the colorway Tequila Sunrise. It's very orangey with pinks, purples, blues, and browns in it. I really like it even though I'm usually not an orange/pink person. I bought the yarn to use on my sock loom and it just didn't work out - so I had a ball left over.

Cris said...

I think I posted the pattern to those just a couple days ago. I'm going to go back and link that pattern in the list so if you come back to it and haven't found the pattern, you can just click the link. I should have done that originally. OOPS!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Good luck with your exams. I think a little bit of crochet each day may help to slow you down and keep you sane!

Nicole said...

Your ornament is so cute and the colors on the headband are awesome! Hope the exam goes/went well *fingers crossed* :)

Cris said...

Thanks! I'm hoping it help keep my mind at ease. This is a big one - I have to pass to graduate. I think it'll be ok though!

Cris said...

Thanks! The exam is a 9 day exam that determines if I'm allowed to graduate. I definitely hope it goes well *laughs* I won't know until the first week of December though. *OH BOY!*

The color on the headband is Red Heart sock yarn in Tequila Sunrise.

Faithryder said...

It's nice that crochet is a good relaxation tool for you, that is as it should be of course, not a pressure in your already busy schedule. I like the headband, looks like a nice pattern. It's nice to get some smaller projects done...keeps me sane anyhow!

Good luck with all you on and hope your revision time is as productive as your crochet time.

Cris said...

Thanks :)

And I have to agree, having some smaller projects to get done does help... a LOT!

Dorothy said...

Hi Cris .. I found the pattern for the little stockings on your blog and have saved it to try later.  Thanks for visiting my blog - the pattern for the hat is from Annies Attic and is called Chloe Cap.  Its done in cluster sts and dc (sc) and is quite easy. I bought it as an electronic download for about $4.95.

Cris said...

Ohhh thanks - I definitely like the look of that hat and considering I'd make it more than once, $5 for a pattern is no biggie. I really liked your blog (and have added it to my reader feeds :) - I look forward to getting to know you and what you are doing craft wise :)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

What an interesting video project.  I have never really engaged with Crochetville, which is so odd since I love crochet! Your post reminds me that I should register and get involved there.

Post a Comment