Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CwC Changes

I have decided to make a few changes to the blog. Now that I have finished my Master's in Public Health, I should have some more time for the blog. One of the big changes is that on the main page of my blog, you will see that longer posts (anything longer than two paragraphs) will have a nice little "Read More..." link under the text.

Go ahead and give it a practice click to continue reading about changes to the blog.

This will mean that if you want to read the whole post, click it and it'll expand out WITH the comments. So while it may add one click to the entire process because it will expand out the comments too, we are technically eliminating another click. So in the end, it's a wash.

This will allow me to show more than three posts on the main page (I up'd it to 6 for now - we'll see how that works) so people who are visiting the blog for the first time will get a little better feel for the items I post.

You can still, of course, click on the title to do the same thing - it just won't expand out the comments too.

I know I will continue with pattern reviews and should have more of those since I'll have more time to crochet and knit. Obviously, the focus here will be crochet but as any of my readers know, I can toss in something else occassionally to spice it up for us all *smiles*

While the pattern reviews will be on an "as completed" basis, I am thinking of coming up with some regularly scheduled themed posts. I like that Crochet Concupiscence does a round-up of her favorite posts for the week. I also sub to a LOT of crochet related blogs so I may start up something similar with the post round-up. There is another program I haven't seen done at all I'm hoping to start as well (blog wise) and another program I haven't seen at all anywhere and it is related to video blogging.

I am even considering getting my own domain but I won't make that decision until after the new year.

So, dear readers, any thoughts, comments, questions, or concerns? I'd be happy to hear them all so pop a note down in the comments section!

Again, as always, thank you for reading
~Cris

6 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations on finishing your masters! :-) I still have a long way to go..

gail said...

Congrats on finishing your master's work!

CrochetBlogger said...

I think moving forward with developing your blog is a great idea. Tweak it, take feedback and adjust accordingly. I know I had to play around a lot with my "read more" and how many full posts vs. short posts to show on a page to get the right combo of a good visual display, ease for readers and fast site performance.

I'd love to see something like Link Love from you. It's so fun to put together each week but can be totally addictive!  :) Let me know if there's anything I can help with you as you make changes.

Cris said...

Thank you so much for the offer of help/advise. I know that I can use it! I have never really developed a blog before (I've done plenty of web work though). I know I need to rethink my categories and work on the main page. I was going to shoot you a message about doing something like link love - but I guess you already saw my thoughts hehehe

I am already addicted to reading other blogs - it is almost like a collector's hobby finding crochet blogs to read LOL

Right now I'm just coming up with themed post ideas that I can post daily (or a little more/little less). I like WIP Wedensday and FO Friday, but I'm already doing FOTH on YouTube and honestly, I'd like it to be more than a blog of my projects, which I sorta do that now with some of my other posts, ramblings, reviews, and patterns.

Cris said...

Thank you!

Cris said...

Thank you so much. I really thought I would never get to the end of this degree, but here I am - and you will be there soon enough!

Post a Comment