Sunday, September 07, 2014
Year of Projects 2014
First, let me say outright that I love the idea of a Year of Projects. I love numbers and I love analysis - tracking my work for a year is actually something I find really fun (don't judge) and I will keep doing it. Heck, I created a Pivotal Tracker for my yarny adventures - that is linked on the right if you wanted to check it out.
What I do/did not like is the YOP project group on Ravelry was split year... each year. It is a strange split for me so I made a decision to just cut the tie with that split and do an actual "year of projects" by year. I'm sure the group is ok with this - its just a different split, one that makes more sense to me.
But in order to make this split - I need to wrap up my previous YOP 3 listing. I did some clean up when coming up with the yop2014 listing, which is, of course, smaller since we are coming to a close of this year. Below is my list from YOP3 and where it stands as of now and if incomplete, if its being added to yop2014.
- Navajo Diamonds Blanket - DONE!
- 10 pairs of socks - 7 of 10 DONE!
- Sweater for the Man - DONE!
- Spats for my daughter - not done
- Fingerless mitts - DONE!
- Scrap-ghan (did a Corner 2 Corner design) - DONE!
- Knit a wearable for me - DONE!
- Summer Flies Shawl #2 - not done and not added to yop2014 list
- Summer Flies Shawl #1 - DONE!
- Lapghan for a gift - DONE!
- The remaining 3 pair of socks were added to this list
- Spats for my daughter
- Illusion Knit - new to this list, was not on YOP3 listing
- Lapghan #2 - new to this list
So in reality, outside of 3 pair of socks, a pair of spats, and the second Summer Flies shawl, I didn't do half bad on my YOP3 listing. I am hoping to have these done (with the exception of Summer Flies #2, which was completely dropped from the list) done by the end of the year along with the additional items on my 2014 list. Everything, excluding the lapghan, on the 2014 list are Christmas gifts, so I had better have them done by the end of the year *laughs*
This post is part of the Come-Blog-Along Year of Projects group on Ravelry. If you are interested in joining or reading other posts from other participants, please visit the group linked here.
Labels: My Projects