Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Year of Projects 2: Update 23
UGH - I totally dropped the ball on this one. I can honestly say I have completely lost track of all that I had added to my original list... and even more honestly - that is hard to keep track of!
*greys all those items out all over this list*
Ok... so my next step is to move down all the things I finished.
So first... lets just remove that.
*moves Wingspan down to completed.. oh, and some faux boobs*
Now.. to update my percentages at the top of the page... *heads off to do that*
So, it looks like I finished 53% of my original list. I doubt I'll do a final post UNLESS I finish the Navajo blanket before the end of June, and quite frankly - that isn't looking very promising.
I had hoped that keeping a list of added items in addition to my original list would have inspired me to stay on track. I did it the first year and just threw caution to the wind. I did it last year but chose larger projects instead of several smaller for my YOP list... and that seemed to backfire because I tend to lose my steam in the middle of blankets and afghans.
So - do I participate again? Do I ignore the added items calculations.... I dunno. I have yet to fully complete a YOP without taking mass breaks in the middle either.
Something I did notice was that my charitable crafting was down this year. Perhaps that has to do with the focus on such large projects - but I need to get back to doing that. I really enjoy the idea of helping others through my yarning.
Of course - I need to get back to blogging too.
I'm having trouble focusing on creating my patterns. I have so many ideas and some even halfway worked out, but never got around to writing them up. And yesterday - what happens but I come up with a sock idea *face palm*
So yea... there ya have it. Perhaps we will see where the day goes. How the month goes as far as getting the navajo complete.
I really should look at the books for the State Fair - perhaps I can still get a tag in on this thing and that'll drive me to actually complete it.
Hmmmm that may just work.
*emotes one last time to say she's headed off to the state fair website*
I had come up with the idea to do a ying yang painting for the Man on Father's Day - but the more I worked on it, the less I liked it. I am a landscape/realism type girl so something like this is hard for me to create. It just doesn't look "right" to me... so I didn't finish it.
I told him of my failed attempt and let it go.
Regardless of what I thought of the painting, I came home from work on Monday and it was hung up on the wall. So a half-done fish painting that I'm rather embarrassed about is now displayed in our activity room. HA! go figure :)
Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL
- 6 faux boobs for donation
- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- 1 pair spat warmers
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)
Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
- 1 crochet knockers for donation
- Wrap (ended poorly - was supposed to be for Squirt but... didn't work out)
- Knit Wingspan Shawl
- 3 faux boobs for donation
Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me)
- Pimpelliese (for me)
- Striped Granny Bag
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf
- Blue or Purple Cowl (for a friend; after the holidays)
Added Items (done)
- Have a Heart Shawl (free Red Heart pattern)
- Magic Square Potholder
- Boot Toppers (Christmas present)
- 50 Ruffle Scarves
- Striped Scarf (Christmas Present)
- Crochet Clock (Christmas Present)
- House Slippers (Christmas Present)
- Warm Hat with Bill (Christmas Present)
- Stocking Cap (Christmas present)
- 3 icord knit snakes
- My Garter Slipped Scarf (for me)
- 3 pair Vanilla Socks
- 2 plastic canvas door hanging pouches (for Valentine's Day)
- 2 Ice Pack Pillowcases
- 13 Crochet Fortune Cookies
- Headband to Match Garter Slip Scarf (for me)
- Vanilla Socks for me
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.