Friday, June 07, 2013

My FO Friday... a bit "adult"

I guess I have trouble thinking that posting an image a faux breast (or two) is considered adult material but I guess in some people's minds a boob is a boob is a boob.... so here... here are my two boobs - well, for the sake of what they really are: FOOBS!

And they aren't mine - they will be headed to their new home within the next couple of days.

This is my FO Friday post... I would apologize to you in the form of "I am sorry if this offends you" but... really - why would it? If you are offended by the idea of a knit breast changing someone's view of their personal appearance, then for that I am sorry you feel that way.

I was contacted recently to make a pair of foobs. After talking back and forth with her via email, I realized that my original pattern, the Crochet Faux Boob, was not going to cut it.

Now, I admit, back when I created the crochet pattern, it was mostly because crochet is what I felt comfortable with. I considered myself a rather novice knitter so I tucked tail from the Knitted Knockers pattern and made my own. Perhaps not the most noble actions, but action nonetheless.

With the new request, I understood I had to do something else other than my pattern - so ... I made up my own.

Now, I admit full on that I used another pattern as the basis for the top side of the foob. For that, I went to the "Tit Bits" pattern by Beryl Tsang. I did modify this pattern a little, but not near enough to say it was my own. What I created on my own was the back. I wanted something sturdier and something to house a little something extra - which I won't give away here because I want to write the pattern up and be the first person to actually offer it. I still fully admit though that the inspiration from my pieces still came from the Tit Bits pattern. I will NOT post my pattern until I have permission from Beryl to link to her pattern and mention her (over and over and over (most likely)) in my write up/pattern.

Anywhoozles - this is my FO Friday. I would say I put in a total of 5 or 6 hours to create the set and it went really well. I used Bernat baby yarn in a light pink (soft, washable, durable, and well, she wanted pink). I knit the topsize on size 6 dpn's and crocheted the back on a size G hook - all very standard but something I hope will make a difference.

Have a great Friday!

If you are interested in posting your FO Friday post somewhere OR are interested in reading what others have completed, pop over to Tami's Amis blog and enjoy!


Faith (tVS) said...

Lovely job. I'd love to know why someone would request crochet boobs.

Cris said...

I make them for and donate them to individuals who have had mastectomies.

SB said...

You have a Big Heart, Bless Your efforts*
they are Beautifully done-

FoFo said...

God Bless you for being so generous! We have a group in my knitting group that make "boobs" and give them to the local cancer center.

Post a Comment