Monday, October 24, 2011

X is for.... Xenagogue

While I did not get to post last week, that does not mean I'm ignoring the letter X out of ease. Sure, it's a hard letter but that doesn't make it any less important than the others... and yes, I can tie my X word back to crochet.

Xenagogue.

Simply (?) defined as a guide or someone who conducts strangers.

I consider myself a little bit of a xenagogue because of the tutorials I put on YouTube. I started on YouTube (YT) several years ago and was opening myself up to give advice. I have done a lot of research in my day and thought I could open the world up to what I knew. That turned into something interesting as it was the driving force behind my going back to school.

While I didn't give direct instruction with my advise, I do think I was loosely considered a xenagogue. As time went on, I received my bachelor's in psychology ..... however, my channel changed. I started putting up more personal vlogs - insight into my home life and the first time I lost a lot of weight. From there, I continued on to school which I am almost ready to graduate with a Masters in Public Health (MPH). But again, my YouTube channel changed. A few months ago I decided to put up a tutorial on crochet. It was well-received.

Since them I have received thousands of views on my videos and several nice comments about how helpful they are - all from people I don't know.

I really am glad I can do this for others - I hope to be able to put as many that are needed out there as time moves forward. You can see all that I have done by clicking on the category for video tutorials (on the right).

In a nutshell - I think I have offered a lot of xenogogue-esque (now that's a word!) behaviors to anyone who came along to that channel.

---------------
Image from: http://www.jmeacham.com/

4 comments:

Natalie Howells said...

Excellent word, great post :) I did skip X, but that was due to a catastrophic inability to remember the alphabet!

Sharon (witchyknits) said...

Great post and a great word!! 

Cris said...

Thanks!

Cris said...

That's ok - I didn't get to it at all :)

Post a Comment