Thursday, August 15, 2013

Socks in Progress (SIP)

This post is serving two-fold. First, my twitter feed from my blog posts seems to be broken. It has posted automatically up until Jun 30th... and it hasn't picked up anything since. So - this is a test. This is only a test....

And of course, the part that is not a test - I want to share my current SIPs with you. For those of you who don't know, SIP stands for Socks In Progress. Wednesday's have traditionally been used to share Works In Progress, or WIP Wednesday - but since this isn't my only WIP, ... here is my SIP on Thursday. *smiles*



I am using sock yarn I purchased from Knit Picks. Without getting the label, I believe it is the Felicci line in the colorway "Stream Bed" - I really do like the colors but it seems there should be more blue. But that's just me.

I am making them as a barter item with a friend in the same yarn group - for 1 pair of socks I am getting 2 hats. The original deal was 1 hat for 1 pair of socks but someone else in the group said that was not a fair trade - socks were much more complicated... so she volunteered two hats! Pretty exciting stuff if you ask me. I know she had cast on the hat last week and the band was pretty much complete the last I saw - I am purchasing the yarn for the 2nd hat (since I have weird yarn preferences - and by weird, I mean different than the majority of my yarny friends from yarn group).

Anywhoozles, enough about the trade. I am pretty happy with how the socks are working up. It is a self striping yarn so in order to get the stripes this close, I think I did pretty good. I'm about 1 knit row off - which isn't bad. I don't think it will be noticeable until I get to the heel. Of course, I could make 1 sock 1 row shorter than the other so then the heel turns look almost spot on. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment