Monday, April 15, 2013

Taking a Break

It has been quite a bit since my last blog. Honestly - I was a bit scared to even look so I figured .. don't. All I know is that its been entirely too long and I owed an explanation, even if relatively enigmatic.

I will not be blogging as regularly as I had at the beginning of the year. It is hard for me to admit that I basically have just broken off more than I can chew. Between work, marriage, family, actually crocheting/knitting, trying to get my weight in check, health, (and the list goes on and on) - I really just don't have time.

Part of my identified issue is that I really made this blog too specific - its crochet only, or at least I try to keep it that way most of the time. Right now, the things in my life are not crochet related so I don't really feel I can just slap it down into cyberspace - specifically THIS cyberspace.

On top of that I'm a bit miffed with Google as a whole. First - the reader is being taken away although I did get some feedback that Feedly seems to be good. I will most likely be switching to that. BUT in addition to that, Google Adsense has accused me of "cheating their system" and removed me from the Adsense program. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it bummed me out because 1) I'm not and 2) its punishment for getting more views and promoting my site locally. It is not the primary reason I blogged but I admit, it is the primary reason I put the majority of my patterns up for free because I knew that I would get some revenue from them to pay for my time and it wouldn't have to come from the reader base.

But - shame on me, eh?

I am not saying I will never return to blogging. I enjoy putting pen to paper (virtually) and know that I'll return soon enough - but perhaps I'll give my site a whole big make-over and make it more generalized so I don't feel so bound to any single topic (or two).

2 comments:

Sara said...

Cris, life sounds super busy. for you right now. Frustration with google has been a common thread among some sites lately. Is there a way to contest it? Too much work right now probably huh? I'm still plugging away at the project 'crocheting my life back'. I haven't had the chance to actual crochet any hearts yet but I'm still starting each day with that intention. Rest, take care of what you need to, and crochet.

Jei Crochet said...

Hi chris! I am giving you a liebster award. I was told that I have to pick my top 11 blogs and you are one of them. I hope you visit my blog http://jeicrochet.blogspot.com/ for more info.

Post a Comment