Sunday, September 30, 2012
Year of Projects 2: Week 11
My crochet and knitting time has been drastically sparse this last month, which is very sad for me. Not only do I have my Christmas items to get through, I have had a promise to do another tutorial for HeadHuggers.org on the burner for well over a month and I just haven't got to it. I feel terrible about it and hope to get to it soon.
Because I haven't updated, I'm just changing the title to week 11 and will just have to accept the jump between week 8 to 11. It happens.
I have no real excitement to report from the list. I have finished no more items. I have been spending the little time I have working on the Navajo Indian afghan. I have it listed as a birthday gift but I tell ya - I'm shooting for Christmas on this one.
Something else I've been trying to do is find the stinking pictures of the original -ghan my grandmother made. First and foremost, to verify my colors are right - which, now that I'm about 2 feet into it, its a little late for that. Second, I wanted to show you the picture and let you see what he had and then what I am making.
Perhaps I shall post this message and go out to the garage and look. I really thought I had them in the storage room downstairs, but.... after a search party came back with a firm "not there" - the garage is my only other option.
I do apologize for my absenteeism as of late and hope to rectify that by being around more, finishing up the HeadHuggers tutorial and getting some other posts up besides weekly updates. My blog has its ups and downs, and for those of you who stuck with me through this "down" - I really appreciate it.
The videos are even better.
I love surprise photos. They make me giggle.
Project List Items (not started/in progress)
- Navajo Indian Multi-Color Afghan (Birthday gift)
- 17 squares for SIBOL
- 4 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- Shawl (gift for the fall/spring for DD2)
- 10 crochet knockers for donation
- 5 pet beds for donation
- 10 chemo caps for donation
- 2 swiffer covers (for me!)
- 1 swiffer cover for Mom (Christmas present)
- 1 swiffer cover for SIL (Christmas present)
- Knit a Sweater for the Man
- Knit Wingspan Shawl
- 1 pair spat warmers (Christmas present)
- Woven Blocks Crochet Quilt
- Room Shoes (Christmas gift)
- Amimono Kimono (for me!)
Project List Items (done)
- 33 squares for SIBOL
- 5 knit/crochet cloths for Mom (Christmas present)
- 1 knit/crochet cloths for SIL (Christmas present)
- State Fair Afghan
- Dead Fish Hat (Birthday gift for DS)
- Spidey-colored Round Ripple Lapghan (Christmas present)
Added Items (not started/in progress)
- Tongues of Fire (for me)
- Striped Granny Bag (Christmas present for Rabbit)
- Elite Syncopations
- Harry Potter Scarf
Added Items (done)
- Magic Square Potholder
This post is part of the Ravelry Group "Come Blog-A-Long" #yearofprojects Project. If you are interested in joining along or finding other posts similar to this one, visit the group on Ravelry.
Labels: My Projects