I finally did it. A while back I decided I wanted to try and crochet a clock - and I finally did it.
I have been 100% focused on finishing my State Fair project (the infamous blanket of doom, which shall soon be photographed and featured in a blog post) and have not been doing much of anything else. That makes for boring posts, which I have been so easily forgetting to do... and I hope to change that soon.
Anywhoozles, back to the purpose of this post...
Yup - I have full intentions of doing this again... only better. I also have full intention of writing the pattern and posting it. I am not sure if it something I'd sell a pattern for, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
The above picture shows my completed decagon. I'd like to call it a circle, but its not - almost, but not quite. The image also shows the main number markers that I chose - a yarn circle. What the picture doesn't show is relative size. It is approximately 10" in diameter... I think. I didn't measure it but that's what I'd give it. Perhaps I can measure it when I write the pattern *laughs* of course I will...
I started the clock face on Monday night and did pretty well with progress. I'd say in total, I spent less than 3 or 4 hours crocheting the face and all the pieces.
It now hangs in the bathroom, ticking away.
I'm thinking it'll be another couple weeks before I get the pattern worked up. Obviously - it'll be written as most of my patterns - with a basic framework built to create a solid piece BUT with enough encouragement to give you creative license with your own clock - to make it your own.